Saturday 28 September 2013

Review :Benefit Skincare: b.right! Radiant Skincare by Benefit 6 piece intro kit



Heya!!!

So if you don't already know Benefit Cosmetic is one of my favourite high end brands and i have even featured a few of their products in hauls and review on both this blog and Youtube vlog.

The other day i was watching my friend Yara from cindyarrra on YouTube and she hauled this cute little skincare kit from Benefit call the b.right! Radiant Skincare by Benefit 6 piece intro kit and when i came back from Malaysia i went to Benefit and got myself one!


b.right! Radiant Skincare by Benefit 6 piece intro kit

 

 

It comes in this box and had a clear zip lock bag around it (which will come in handy for when i travel!) and all the products are cute travel size which is really great for alot of uses (i have been using most of the items in the kit for about 4 weeks and i still have a good lot to last me a while)

 

Cleanser

 

 

 

So first off are the facial cleanser. There two types included in this kit.

foamingly clean facial wash

 

Description from the site:

There's clean & there's really clean. This 1-step facial wash effectively cleanses the skin & removes makeup & impurities with a soft, gentle lather. Formulated for all skin types. 

This is a product where a little goes a LONG WAY! 

HOW I USE IT

 I place a bit of this onto my palm and with 3 fingers (a tip that i was thought in secondary school from Clean & Clear when they visited my school to teach us just hitting puberty teenagers how to use a daily cleanser and i swear by it!) and i rub it back and forth till it reaches a nice rich latter ( and this works with all cleanser that i use) and rub the cleanser onto my face and neck (dampen of cause!) and rinse! 

Thoughts

This is a great daily facial wash! It smells really lovely, fresh, clean, sweet and really pleasant (heck all their stuff in this skincare line is lovely smelling ). Its also the consistency of the product is thick so like i say a little goes A LONG WAY! 

 It latter really well (which is what i look for in a GOOD foaming cleanser) and feels nice and light when apply on my face.

It definitely soften my skin and its gentle so i can use it daily. Also the scent makes it feel refreshing!


HOWEVER...

MY ONLY COMPLAIN IS THE PACKAGING!!! 

AS CUTE AS IT IS (and yed its freaking cute and looks so good on my vanity ... if i had one to display on...) THE CONTAINER IS REALLY HARD TO WORK WITH! 

When i first used it i had to shake it really hard and squeeze the bottle (i think i heard a my knuckles and fingers cracking .. ah well ...lolz) before i got a good amount of product out!


Other than that its great daily facial cleanser! will definitely consider getting a full size in future... if they change the packaging ... (*hint hint to if anyone who works with the Benefit packaging sector ever view this blog :P

I meant to be honest as lovely the packaging is, i will take practicality and convenience over lovely packaging cause if the product is AMAZING but the packaging is HORRIBLE it will definitely bring the product standards down... 

Rating: 4/5 (will give it a perfect 5 when packaging change :P) 

 

refined finish facial polish

 

Description from the site:

Dull skin from daily stress? Refined finish facial polish beautifully brightens the complexion, gently exfoliating to purify the skin & help minimize the appearance of pores to reveal skin's natural radiance. Contains natural clay & seaweed extract rich in minerals, nutrients & sugars, known to purify the skin.

 

This facial polish has micro beads in it and its to exfoliate and "polish" the skin.  

HOW I USE IT

After Cleanser i apply this onto the face and neck avoiding the eye area (i accidentally got a bit into my eye the first time and it STINGS! >.<* ! yup learn from my mistakes guys :P) and wash thoroughly!

I do use a face brush (a non electric version of a Clearasonic) to daily exfoliate so I'll use this once or twice a week.

 

Thoughts

 My reaction when i first use this was wow... i felt like its sand mixed into the cleanser that i am rubbing on my face... i am not enjoying this...

The consistence of the product is thick and creamy and when scrub on the face you can feel the micro beads when scrubbing your face. The exfoliate was not harsh and but it was not gentle... somewhere in the middle as i had facial exfoliate that are slightly more gentler than this.

However after i wash it off  skin felt so smooth after using this! I was like WOW IT FEEL SO NICE AND SOFT!

It felt softer than after I used the cleanser!

Once again.... the only complain is the packaging!!!! This was not as hard as the cleanser as the product came out easier but GOSH !!! its still a pain to squeeze the product out! 

The exfoliate is an ok product for me. I might get it in full size in future no promises there though.

Rating: 3.5/5

 

moisture prep toning lotion


 

Description from the site:

The special step for extra radiant skin. Moisture prep toning lotion smoothes & revitalizes allowing skin to fully optimize benefits of your moisturizer. Contains vitamin E acetate, natural oat & meadowsweet, botanical extracts known to purify & smooth the skin and help reduce fine lines. This specialized formula contains a blend of



HOW I USE IT


The moment i get out of my shower (after i cleanse my face and all)  i immediately apply toner on my face with a cotton pad starting with my T-zone area with gentle upwards swiping motion and then i move down to my jawline and rest of my face minus the eye area (don't worry! they will get some special love in a bit!) and what ever is left over I'll swipe it down my neck.

Thoughts 

Ok quick confession!!! so prior to this i have never used a toner so i had to search Google and Youtube to watch skincare routine on how to use a toner! haha well that's what Youtube is for which is apart from entertainment and getting addicted to the Ellen Show but also to learn :P yup i admit i needed a HOW TO USE TONER FOR DUMMIES 101 crash course ! lolz



So first off I may be a dummy with it comes to toner but I have my fair share of snooping around all the products my Mama uses to know how a toner is like and this is thicker and a bit "creamier" than what i expected to be. Well then again its call a toning lotion so i guess it should be creamier!

This is the first toner that i have ever used in my life and wow it just feel so nice, clean and hydrating for my currently really dry skin (my skin is currently really dry and it always is when the weather is transitioning from winter to spring... yah i have been living in Australia long enough to know that :P) and it feel nice an smooth when apply.
Also my moisturizer (both the Benefit one which i am about to talk about in a bit and my usual Hazeline snow  moisturizing cream) goes on really smoothly after using this!

The packaging has no complain this time and in fact i really like the cute little glass bottle! It's really classy! Definitely something  I'll display on my vanity table ... which i don't... ah well :P

This I am definitely gonna get a full size when i am done with this mini one!

Rating: 5/5 (woohoo for a perfect 5!)

it's potent! eye cream 


 

Description from the site:

Your eyes can't keep a secret...they're the first to show signs of age & stress. It's potent! eye cream fades dark circles & helps smooth fine lines for brighter, younger-looking eyes. Contains a peptide complex known to help restore elasticity & firmness, a blend of hydrating botanical extracts and loquat extract, known to help protect the skin from free radical damage.

 

HOW I USE IT

Time to give our eyes some love!!! (yay!!) 

I apply a tiny bit of the eye cream (a little goes a long way!!!) with my ring finger ( the eye area are the most delicate part of our face so using our ring finger which is the most gentle finger to apply the product on the under eye is important! ) by dabbing it on my under eyes gently before lightly patting it and gently messaging it into the under eyes.

Every night before moisturizer after toner or if i am in need of wearing concealer for my under eyes I'll use this under the concealer (which coincidentally my current favourite is also from Benefit and its the Boi-ing concealer in shade 02 from the passport to posh kit)

Thoughts

Firstly the consistency is really thick! This being said a tiny bit is really needed when apply to the under eyes. This sample may be small but its going to last me a good long while with the amount needed to use.

Prior to when i first apply the eye cream i sorta had dark under eyes due to lack of sleep ( uni life = assignments and studying ... yup no sleep :P) but it was not too bad that i look like a panda! I also had a lot of dry patches on my under eye and it was flaky (not cute! >.<*) due to the really dry winter weather!

 When apply i feel a bit of a tingle feeling which i have no problem to as my believe its working its magic!

After using this every night for 5 weeks it definitely hydrates, reduces dark circle and also brightens my under eyes as promised by Benefit!

 Highly highly recommend for a good eye cream! 

Will definitely get a full size of this... but that will be a while as i said ... a little goes a long way!

Rating:  5/5

total moisture facial cream


Description from the site:

"Say good-bye to dry skin and hello to "total moisture." This facial cream provides concentrated immediate & long-term hydration for a radiantly refreshed complexion. Our exclusive tri-radiance complex helps develop the skin's reserves of water & reinforce skin's moisture barrier. Contains mango butter, a natural plant-based emollient known to provide moisture. For normal to dry skin.In consumer testing, 100% of people tested felt that their skin was immediately and intensely quenched."

HOW I USE IT

Its a face cream... very self explanatory ... anyway I apply this on my face and neck both day and night.

I prefer this for night time.

Once again a little goes a long way ;)

Thoughts 

The consistency of the product is really thick, rich and creamy and if you have dry skin (i have combination oily to dry) this will work really well to moisturize and hydrate the skin.

During winter months,my skin gets dry and flaky patches around my under eye and my chin area so this hydrates my skin really well!

Also my skin just feels softer and smoother after using it.

Once again it has this really nice "fresh cucumber" scent that is just present and refreshing to use during my "pampering time" aka my skincare routine.

Really enjoy it this product! Planning to repurchase this but its like $40!! will have to save up for it...

Will repurchase in future but till then i have this cute sample size jar to continue using :D

Rating:  5/5

 
 

triple performing facial emulsion


Description from the site:

"You may not know you’re dehydrated, but your skin does. Triple performing facial sunscreen lotion broad spectrum SPF 15 hydrates, protects and comforts the skin with an oil-free, lightweight formula. Contains exclusive ultra-moisturizing ingredients to help capture & maintain water on the skin’s surface."

HOW I USE IT

Once again this is a facial moisturizer but with SPF in it.... very self explanatory... but if you insist :P

Apply on face, neck and ears (its the most neglected part of our skincare routine but they need love too! also your ears are the part that gets the most exposure to the sun)

Will recommend applying this for the day time since it has SPF as i can use the Total Moisture Facial Cream for the nights.   

Thoughts 

Its not as hydrating as the Total Moisture Facial Cream but it does have SPF so I'll make use of this in the day time.  

Its runnier than the the Total Moisture Facial Cream but it feels light weight on the skin.

Once again like all the products in this line has this nice refreshing "fresh cucumber" scent.

Not too bad. I'll continue to use this but might not repurchase as i prefer the Total Moisture Facial Cream.

Rating:  3.5/5

OVERVIEW

I really like the ideal of this set! You get a good deluxe travel size of products to try multiple times, probably about 3 weeks ++ worth of uses which is a good amount of time to see how your skin react to the products and if you like the consistency, smell, how your skin feels after its used.

This set practically covers 70% of the whole Benefit Skincare range and its a great way yourself its skincare range or just the brand in general !

I am also really impress with the packaging for most of the products! Its really cute and vintage looking.

What i was most impress was that the price that i paid for at Myers was almost the same as the US RRP!

I definitely recommend if you are a fan of Benefit and want to try their skincare range but are unsure of just get this kit before committing to the full size product.

Other than that, this kit is very "Beneficial" to who are starting out with skincare or wants to expand their skincare product range like for me, prior to owning this skincare kit i use or never own a eye cream or a toner. 

Where to get it:

- Benefit Counters or any ware that  sells Benefit cosmetic and its skincare line.

- In Australia its available at Myers with a Benefit counter at $25

- Benefit Official Website ~ b.right! Radiant Skincare by Benefit 6 piece intro kit at $24  

 

Other than that let me know in the comments if any of you guys have tried Benefit's b.bright skincare line and what do you think of it?


Till Next Time

~oxox rotan~




 

 

 

 

 

 

 



3 comments:

  1. Owww by any chance u could still get this set at your location? Living in tasmania would love to try it out but local Myers store doesn't have them ..so sad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey!! yah its still available :D go and check your local benefit counter or ask them as it might be hiding behind. they should have more now that Christmas is is near and alot of gift sets are coming out. good luck finding it :)

      Delete
  2. best anti aging cream-Blog for The best foods for gout are antioxidant rich foods. Read best article on Anti Aging Antioxidant Rich Foods & Skin Care Products.

    ReplyDelete